Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mom's Health

I was in high school both times my mom underwent Open Heart surgery . Not the run of the mill by pass surgery of today . Mom had what she said often was a valve job "The Doctors took my damaged valve out and popped a brand new plastic one in" The second surgery was worse for me because by then I was old enough to know Mom could die on that table or from complications after. The following poem I submitted to a class I was taking on poetry the teacher simply wrote "Keep trying Pearl"

WAITING
Sitting around ,
trying to feel fine .
Sometimes I succeed,
just to fall again .

Waiting around ,
for an answer of health .
Sometimes the sorrow ,
just keeps me down.

Wishing around,
trying to get downtown .
Sometimes I laugh ,
just to stop thoughts of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment