Thursday, December 3, 2009

Our Twins

The following is a poem I wrote many years ago when our sons were very young . I am posting it to prove to myself that happy happened in my past.

Oh for this past year what did I give?
Most of it was spent nursing my twins,
The house is in shambles ,the mess everywhere
My Babies are smiling they haven't a care.
Their sweetness surrounds me I can not refuse
when one tugs at my dress,
this child is at my breast.
Nourishing comfort he is content,
Then his brother does spot us
Soon we three are at rest.

Oh for this past year what have I done?
Have I helped out my neighbor whose load is a ton?
Not much have I ventured out of our home.
I'm told that someday I'll look back on these days
Part of me longs to, the rest wants to stay.
I've heard enough crying to last all my life.
My days are long and chores are done twice
But the rewards are extra double nice,
As two separate personalities explore life.
What wondrous sights and sounds to explore ,
How could a mother want anymore?
Just Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment